The Hamideh Firm, P.C. represents victims who have suffered the wrongful death of a loved one due to the negligence of others.
Losing a loved one can have serious personal, emotional, and financial effects on your life and your family's lives. This loss may be even more traumatic if your loved one’s death was caused by someone else’s negligent, reckless, or intentional conduct.
If you have lost a loved one under these circumstances, you may want to consider consulting a Los Angeles injury lawyer about filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
The financial impact of your loved one’s death, both immediate and long-term, may be devestating for a family. A court and a jury will try to place a legal value on your family's loss and the devestating impact on your life.
In a wrongful death action, you must prove that the defendant was negligent or that he or she failed to exercise reasonable care whcih resulted in your loved one's death.
It would be our mission to demonstrate to either the judge or jury that a defendant’s misconduct or wrongful omission was the cause of your loved one’s death.
In calculating damages, a judge or jury may consider the following:
- Expenses related to the care, hospitalization, and death of the victim (including medical bills and reasonable funeral expenses);
- The loss of love, companionship, comfort, advice, care, and protection that the deceased person provided;
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish of the survivors;
- Loss of future earnings and benefits anticipated over the victim’s lifetime (including income, medical insurance, pensions, and 401K); and
- Punitive damages if the person responsible for the wrongful death acted in a way that was willful, reckless, or showed a conscious disregard for the safety of others.
For further information about your case and to discuss your possible wrongful death claim with an experienced and dedicated Los Angeles injury lawyer, please do not hesitate to contact The Hamideh Firm, P.C. online or by calling (310) 556-9687 .