The Hamideh Firm, P.C. aggressively protects models’ valuable image rights. We have a deep understanding of the unique and extraordinary value models' images provide to national and multi-national brands. We also understand the sacrifice and effort models must make to build value in their images.
California law strictly penalizes companies that illegally benefit from the unauthorized use of a model’s likeness.
The following are a few of the many examples where we have successfully protected models’ image rights:
1) When companies use a model’s image for a commercial purpose beyond an initial license period;
2) When companies license photographs from photographers or other third parties, but fail to secure image rights directly from the model;
3) When companies pay a model to be photographed, but do not negotiate and pay for the actual commercial use of the model’s image;
4) When companies exceed the agreed upon territorial usage of a model’s image (i.e., the agreement between the model and the company allows the company to use a model’s image in the United States, but the model discovers the company illegally using the model’s image in other countries outside of the United States);
5) When companies exceed the agreed upon time duration of usage of a model’s image (i.e., .the agreement between the company and the model allows the company to use a model’s image for a one-year time period, but the company conveniently forgets and continues to use a model’s image for more than one year without contacting the model or the model’s agent and not providing any additional compensation to the model);
6) When companies exceed the agreed upon media usage of a model’s image (i.e., the agreement between the company and the model allows the company to use a model’s image only in-stores, but the company illegally uses a model’s image for the company’s commercial benefit on the internet, billboards, magazines, commercials, etc., without any further negotiation with, or compensation to, the model).
Our clients have the added benefit that Bassil Hamideh was a successful fashion model for fifteen years, working with some of the top photographers and clients in the world. As such, Mr. Hamideh has extensive practical and legal expertise in this area of the law, and is unrelenting in protecting his clients' image rights.
If you are a model or agent dealing with a potential violation of image rights, contact us online or at (310) 556-9687 for a confidential consultation.